MathWorks® automotive products enable engineers to accelerate vehicle development processes and deliver vehicles that meet market requirements for safety, comfort, and performance. Automotive engineers use our software to:
Run simulations for vehicle fuel economy, emissions, and performance.
Develop and test perception, planning, and control algorithms for automated driving systems.
Validate requirements early through rapid prototyping.
Generate code for prototyping or production, in floating or fixed point, for MCUs, GPUs, SoCs, and FPGA devices.
Analyze test fleet and production vehicle data.
Comply with ASPICE, AUTOSAR, and ISO 26262 safety standards.
Products for Automotive
- Develop, Resize, and Calibrate Motors with Dynamometer Test Harness (Powertrain Blockset)
Develop a control test bench, resize e-motors, and calibrate controllers using the motor dynamometer reference application.
- Build Full Electric Vehicle Model (Powertrain Blockset)
Build a vehicle with a motor-generator, battery, direct-drive transmission, and powertrain control algorithms using the electric vehicle (EV) reference application.
- Generate Optimal Current Controller Calibration Tables for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (Powertrain Blockset)
Generate optimized current controller and flux parameters for permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) blocks.
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Reference Application Projects (Powertrain Blockset)
Start building your own hybrid and electric vehicle models with reference application projects.
Automated Driving and Advanced Driving Assistance Systems
- Code Generation for Path Planning and Vehicle Control (Automated Driving Toolbox)
Generate C++ code for a path planning and vehicle control algorithm, and verify the code using software-in-the-loop simulation.
- Create Roads Around Imported GIS Assets (RoadRunner)
Use geographic information system assets as a reference to construct your road network.
- Forward Collision Warning Application with CAN FD and TCP/IP (Automated Driving Toolbox)
Execute a forward collision warning application with sensor and vision data replayed live via CAN FD and TCP/IP protocols.
- Get Started with Ground Truth Labelling (Automated Driving Toolbox)
Interactively label multiple lidar and video signals simultaneously.
Virtual Vehicle Prototyping and Design Optimization
- Get Started with the Virtual Vehicle Composer (Vehicle Dynamics Blockset)
Use the Virtual Vehicle Composer app to configure, build, and analyze a virtual vehicle.
- Double-Lane Change Maneuver (Vehicle Dynamics Blockset)
Analyze vehicle ride and handling, including yaw stability, using this reference application.
- Kinematics and Compliance Virtual Test Laboratory (Vehicle Dynamics Blockset)
Virtually calibrate suspension blocks using this reference application.
- Longitudinal Motorcycle Braking Test (Vehicle Dynamics Blockset)
Analyze motorcycle ride and handling during a braking test using this reference application.
Powertrain Prototyping, Design Optimization, and Calibration
- Internal Combustion Engine Reference Application Projects (Powertrain Blockset)
Use these reference applications as a starting point for your own internal combustion engine vehicle models.
- Optimize Transmission Control Module Shift Schedules (Powertrain Blockset)
Use the conventional vehicle reference application to optimize the transmission control module (TCM) shift schedules.
- Detect Misfires Using On-Board Diagnostics (Powertrain Blockset)
Implement onboard-diagnostics (OBD) to detect and report engine misfires.
- Predict Engine Torque Using Two-Stage Modeling (Model-Based Calibration Toolbox)
Create a statistical engine model that predicts engine brake torque as a function of spark angle.
Standards Compliance and Code Verification and Validation
- Develop AUTOSAR Software Component Model (AUTOSAR Blockset)
Learn the basics of developing AUTOSAR classic software components in the Simulink® environment.
- Generate Drive Cycles for Real Driving Emissions (Powertrain Blockset)
Meet the Real Driving Emissions standard required by the European Union.
- ISO 26262:2018 Case Study Using Model-Based Design (IEC Certification Kit)
Use a project to streamline the adoption of a Model-Based Design workflow for an ISO 26262:20218 ASIL D project.
- Implement Distributed ECU Network over CAN in Simulink (Vehicle Network Toolbox)
Use Vehicle Network Toolbox™ and Simulink to implement a distributed Electronic Control Unit (ECU) network over CAN for an automobile.