This Getting Started Guide provides MATLAB and Simulink examples which participants in RoboNation competitions can use to learn how to program their autonomous vehicles. Future iterations will show how to design algorithms and implement Model Based Design through simulations.
Anyone who is interested in using MATLAB and/or Simulink on a desktop computer to control their robotic platform or run automated vision systems will find this useful.
Some of the topics discussed are:
- Running MATLAB Functions and Simulink Models directly on a PC
- Deploying an Executable to the Desktop
Video and Point Cloud
- Acquiring and viewing video
- Acquiring and viewing point cloud data from stereovision cameras or a LIDAR
- Communicating using UDP, TCP/IP, Serial and ROS messages
- Acquire data from a DAQ to perform TDOA and other acoustic processing
- Perform path planning and localization with the Robotics System Toolbox
- Provide RC manual control for a robotic system
To access the documentation and examples, after running the .mltbx file to install, navigate to the "Supplemental Software" section of the main doc page. There will be link to the "Getting Started Guide for Robonation Competitions" documentation.
For RoboNation teams looking for more information, please see the following page:
App Version: 15.2.02
MathWorks Student Competitions Team (2020). Getting Started Guide RoboNation (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/47593-getting-started-guide-robonation), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Uploading this submission as a toolbox. After installing the .mltbx file users can view the documentation in the help browser under supplemental software.
Updated the description
Link in the description updated
Change in the Image file.
minor update to v15.2.02 which contains the new Ground Truth Labeler app
1. Updated included custom Arduino UDP toolbox to fix 15b bugs. See release notes for Arduino UDP toolbox for more information
- Provided examples showing how to use a remote control (i.e. RC TX/RX) to control a robotic system.
Updated to include topics on Robotics System Toolbox, which released in R2015a (i.e. ROS Connectivity, Gazebo and Path Planning)
Updated the included buildExecutable function to build executables out of Simulink models.
Changing code to an app to make improve usability and installation
Modified title of entry
Cleaned up documentation