I am using MATLAB/SIMULINK and HDL Coder to generate and IP Core for the ZedBoard DevKit.
I am encountering an issue with the "Delay Balancing" option. Basically SIMULINK got stuck during the HDL Code generation with the following error message:
“Error Delay balancing unsuccessful because Delay introduced in feedback loop cannot be path balanced. Offending Block: ....../Trigonometric Function”
1. Could someone please explain me the reason why this is happening ?
2. Could someone please explain me what should I do to avoid this situation?
I find a workaround for this issue. I have done the following changes:
- I put the "Trigonometric Fucntion" blocks into a subsystem (called "Trigonometric Fcn")
- I have disabled the "BalanceDelays" option from the HDL Coder properties
- I have set to "OFF" the "BalanceDelays" option for the "TOP" subsystem of the model
- I have left set to "Inherit" the "BalanceDelays" option for the other subsystems of the model
- but I have set to "ON" the "BalanceDelays" option for the "Trigonometric Fcn" subsystems of the model
- I have generated the "Validation Model" and I have verified that the results match the original one
This allow me to generate the HDL code and continue to the creation of the IP Core and the Vivado project.
But I would like to keep the BalanceDelays option "ON" otherwise the HDL code won't be optimised in terms of area and timing performance.
3. Could someone please give me the correct solution to this error?
I am sorry, but I cannot share the code otherwise I would attached the model and other useful information.
Thank you in advance,