Model dynamic start up and shut down behavior by adding custom routines to the default model initialize and terminate methods. During simulation, control when the methods execute with events. Create functions to reinitialize blocks with initial values.
- Using Initialize, Reinitialize, Reset, and Terminate Functions
Set the state of a block with an initialize function-call event. Reset block states with a reinitialize or reset function-call event. Save the state of a block with a terminate function-call event.
- Create Test Harness to Generate Function Calls
Schedule initialize, reset, and terminate function-call events.
- Initialize and Reset Parameter Values
Use the Parameter Writer block to change block parameter values during model simulation.
- Reinitialize States of Blocks in Subsystem
Use a Reinitialize Function block to implicitly and explicitly initialize states of blocks in a subsystem.
- Initialize, Reinitialize, Reset, and Terminate Function Limitations
List of unsupported blocks and features.
- Prepare Sensor and Controller Models in a Distributed Monitoring System for Code Generation
Prepare models to generate code for deployment on target hardware platforms.