Hardware Targeting Basics
When you target hardware by using HDL Coder™, you can follow one workflow with two different starting points, depending on your goal:
To rapidly prototype an off the shelf, pre-existing hardware platform, prototype and deploy your HDL algorithm for your FPGA using a pre-existing board and reference design and start the Hardware-Software Co-Design workflow.
For a production workflow that targets a custom device, create a custom hardware platform. Then follow the Hardware-Software Co-Design workflow.
For more details, see Targeting FPGA & SoC Hardware Overview and Hardware-Software Co-Design Workflow for SoC Platforms.
|IP Core Editor||Configure IP core for target hardware (Since R2023b)|
|Configure HDL code generation and deployment workflows|
- Targeting FPGA & SoC Hardware Overview
High-level steps for targeting an FPGA or SoC platform.
- Hardware-Software Co-Design Workflow for SoC Platforms
High-level workflow steps for targeting an SoC platform.
- Comparison of IP Core Generation Techniques
Decide how to best generate an IP core for your Simulink design and migrate from the HDL Workflow Advisor to the Simulink toolstrip to generate an IP core. (Since R2023b)
- Comparison of IP Core Deployment and Verification Techniques
Decide how to best verify and deploy your IP core and migrate from the HDL Workflow Advisor to the Simulink toolstrip to generate a reference design. (Since R2023b)
- Getting Started with the HDL Workflow Advisor
Learn the basics of the HDL Workflow Advisor and how to run various tasks.
- Run HDL Workflow with a Script
Export, import, or configure an HDL Workflow CLI command script.
- Workflows in HDL Workflow Advisor
Learn about the HDL Workflow Advisor and various workflows you can choose and platforms you can target.
- Get Started with HDL Workflow Command-Line Interface
Use the HDL Workflow Advisor to run HDL workflows from the command line and the Export to Script option.
- Generate IP Core from MATLAB for Blinking LEDs on FPGA Board
This example shows how to use the MATLAB® HDL Workflow Advisor to generate a customized IP core that blinks LEDs on an FPGA board.