PID controller tuning appears easy, but finding the set of proportional, integral, and derivative gains that ensures the best performance of your control system is a complex task.
MATLAB® and Simulink® made PID tuning easy, by letting you:
- Configure your Simulink PID Controller block for PID algorithm (P, PI, or PID), controller form (parallel or standard), anti-windup protection (on or off), and controller output saturation (on or off)
- Automatically tune controller gains and fine-tune your design interactively
- Run closed-loop system simulation by connecting your PID Controller block to the plant model
- Automatically generate C code for targeting a microcontroller
- Automatically generate IEC 61131 structured text for targeting a PLC or PAC
- Automatically scale controller gains to implement your controller on a processor with fixed-point arithmetic