Developing Field-Oriented Control Algorithms for Brushless Motors
Field-oriented control is a popular means of controlling brushless motors used in automotive, industrial, aerospace, and consumer applications. Motor Control Blockset for Simulink speeds up the development of a field-oriented controller by helping you to verify control algorithms using simulation and generate compact and efficient code for a microcontroller.
In this session, MathWorks engineers will walk you through a reference example of field-oriented control algorithm simulation and code deployment to a TI C2000 microcontroller for a permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM).
- Model motor and inverter dynamics at different levels of fidelity
- Design a field-oriented controller, including current, and torque/speed loops using a quadrature encoder or Hall sensor
- Implement Park and Clarke transforms, and a space vector generator
- Use automatic PID tuning to set the controller gains for current and speed loops
- Verify controller performance through closed-loop simulations
- Generate code for a Texas Instruments C2000 microcontroller and operate the current loop of the PMSM at 20 kHz
About the Presenters
Anton Vesenmaier is an Application Engineer at MathWorks. His main areas of expertise are automatic code generation for embedded systems and AUTOSAR, systems engineering and other tasks in the context of Simulink.
Eva Pelster is a Senior Application Engineer at MathWorks. She holds degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Stuttgart. Her focus at MathWorks is on model-based design workflows and physical modeling applications.
Recorded: 24 Nov 2021
Select a Web Site
Choose a web site to get translated content where available and see local events and offers. Based on your location, we recommend that you select: .
You can also select a web site from the following list
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.
- América Latina (Español)
- Canada (English)
- United States (English)
- Belgium (English)
- Denmark (English)
- Deutschland (Deutsch)
- España (Español)
- Finland (English)
- France (Français)
- Ireland (English)
- Italia (Italiano)
- Luxembourg (English)
- Netherlands (English)
- Norway (English)
- Österreich (Deutsch)
- Portugal (English)
- Sweden (English)
- United Kingdom (English)
- Australia (English)
- India (English)
- New Zealand (English)
- 日本Japanese (日本語)
- 한국Korean (한국어)