Simscape Vehicle Templates are designed to help engineers model and simulate vehicles using Simscape products. This includes one-axle, two-axle, multi-axle vehicles, and trailers that are integrated with powertrain and chassis controls.
The templates include a vehicle model that you can configure for different powertrain architectures, driveline concepts, and suspension designs. You can also use a MATLAB app to help you configure the vehicle and the test scenario. A modular library of components gives you a starting point to create custom vehicle models.
Model and Simulate Vehicles Using Simscape Vehicle Templates
Top 10 Use Cases
- Explore powertrain architectures for conventional, hybrid, battery electric, and fuel cell vehicles.
- Modify the suspension design by moving hardpoints obtained from CAD.
- Connect custom multilink suspensions to hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Design active chassis controls for anti-lock brakes, stability control, and active roll control.
- Develop regenerative braking algorithms connected to electric powertrains.
- Test your designs against realistic road profiles by converting GPS data into 3D road definitions.
- Optimize vehicle-level performance by tuning design parameters in any system.
- Validate ADAS algorithms in scenarios involving stoplights, vehicles, and pedestrians.
- Find stability limits for vehicle-trailer combinations.
- Test your embedded software against a virtual vehicle using HIL simulation.
Simulate longitudinal and lateral dynamics on flat and uneven terrain.
Develop anti-lock braking and stability control algorithms.
Validate algorithms in virtual tests with realistic physics.
Tune design to meet target ride and handling characteristics.
Evaluate architectures and size powertrain components.
Model trailer loads and identify stability limits.