This demo is implemented only using MathWorks products.
1. Visualize streaming Color and Depth image.
2. Control depth mode(Default/Near) and elevation angle.
3. Simultaneously align color with depth image.
4. Live 3D Reconstruction with Point cloud stitching.
The highlight thing in this demo is live 3D reconstruction. User can easily combine multiple point clouds to reconstruct a 3D scene using ICP(Iterative Closest Point) algorithm. It can be used in various application like develop 3D models of objects or build 3D world maps for SLAM(Simultaneous Localization And Mapping).
Wanbin Song (2021). Kinect Live 3D Point-Cloud matching Demo (https://github.com/wanbin-song/KinectLive), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Computer Vision Toolbox > Point Cloud Processing >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Acquisition Toolbox Supported Hardware > Kinect For Windows Sensor >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Data Acquisition > Acquisition Using Kinect for Windows Hardware >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!