- Copy the file from the local machine to a shared directory on the server.
- Open a database connection to a database on the server and push the data into the database.
- Use a protocol like rsync to move the data from the machine to the server on a periodic basis.
- Skip the local copy altogether and just save to the directory on the server.
- Use the "move" command provided by your OS to move the data.
- "Move" the data by copying, then verifying the files (md5 sums), then deleting the data.
How to connect the computer with the server
2 views (last 30 days)
I would like to ask about connecting my computer with a server. If I have a computer connected to a setup to do some measurements and I want to get the data of this measurement and save it in the computer and then save it in the server how could I do that.
Many thanks in advance
Jason Ross on 6 May 2013
There are many ways to do this, and the "best" answer depends on how much data you need to move and how important the data is.