- If you validate your cluster profile, is there any more information provided? (Parallel > Manage Cluster Profiles > select the profile, then validate)
- What scheduler are you using? (Local, MDCE, LSF, etc).
- Can you validate a local cluster?
- What release are you working with?
- Do you have the firewall enabled?
- Does your VM have networking set up?
- Is that network functional and correct? (e.g. hostname resolves forward and backward, DNS settings are correct, etc)
- How much RAM do you have configured, how many processors, and how many MATLABs are you trying to open in the pool?
matlabpool hangs when working on a virtual machine
2 views (last 30 days)
I try to run parallel process on a matlab on a virtual machine (windows 8 using oracle virtualBox). It hangs in subfunction pGetSockets:
accepted = obj.ConnectionManager.activelyAccept();
WAITING_FOR_SOCKET = isempty( accepted );
since accepted is always returned empty.
i've tried all of the solutions i found but it still happens.
Jason Ross on 4 Apr 2013
What other solutions did you try?