I would recommend a clean reinstall of the Hardware support packages.
- If you type arduinoio.PackageRoot on MATLAB Command Window, this will tell you the Arduino Support Package root location.
Example – C:\ProgramData\MATLAB\SupportPackages\R2018b\3P.instrset\arduinoide.instrset\idepkgs
In here, Note the location till R2018b or R2018a depending on what version of MATLAB you have.
- After this go ahead and uninstall both Arduino support packages.
- Next go to the location in first step and ensure no more files are left, and feel free to delete any left over.
- Then close and reopen MATLAB as an administrator by right clicking on MATLAB icon and selecting Run as administrator or using sudo command on terminal window.
- Now reinstall the support packages and on non-Windows OSes do not close additional terminal windows that open during this process.
PS: If this does not resolve the issue, contact MathWorks TS for assistance with installation.