Hello Matlab Community,
Firstly, my sincere apologies if this is not the correct place to be posting this question but I really did not know what other website to post to!
I am just wondering if anyone has had any experience with measuring any of the parameters required for tuning the AHRS sensor fusion output? I appear to be obtaining reasonable results for slow movements but faster movements are proving to be troublesome, thus I think it may have something to do with the sensor parameters I am specifying.
The parameters which the ahrs fusion algorithm requires are:
- Accelerometer noise - variance of accelerometer signal noise ((m/s^2)^2)
- Magnetometer noise - variance of magnetometer signal noise (T^2)
- Gyroscope noise - variance of gyroscope signal noise (rad/s)^2
- Gyroscope drift noise - variance of gyroscope offset drift (rad/s)^2
- Linear acceleration noise - variance of linear acceleration noise (m/s^2)^2
- Linear acceleration decay factor (this appears to be dependent on the application/movement velocity)
- Magnetic disturbance noise - variance of magnetic disturbance noise (T^2)
- Magnetic disturbance decay factor - decay factor for magnetic disturbance
- Expected magnetic field strength (I understand this as being location dependant)
- Initial process noise - covariance matrix for process noise
My understanding of IMUs is very basic but I have been trying to get my head around them. I am looking at using the Allan Variance method to determine Angle Random Walk and Rate Random Walk from a static sample of IMU data.
Is my understanding correct in thinking that this will assist me in obtaining values for Gyroscope noise and Gyroscope drift noise?
Any help, input, thoughts or inspiration would be very much appreciated! :)