The most recently used layout is generally loaded in MATLAB R2015b too. I have tried the same successfully. You can try one of the following to load a recently used or custom layout:
- The layout is loaded from the preference settings of MATLAB. You can create a new preference settings and then create and save the custom layout. Click here to know more about creating a new preference settings.
Try the below workaround if the above doesn't help.
- You can load the desired layout programatically whenever the MATLAB starts using the STARTUP.M file which is explained here.
The following 3 commands can be used together to change MATLAB desktop layout. However, using these commands are risky and one might override default MATLAB parameters. This may corrupt the MATLAB environment. The commands are provided as follows:
1. The following command is used to obtain the desktop object using Java:
>> desktop = com.mathworks.mde.desk.MLDesktop.getInstance;
2. This command saves the current layout:
>> desktop.saveLayout( 'save_layout_name' );
where save_layout_name is the name of the current layout to be saved. Once saved, the custom layout can be viewed or deleted through the 'Layout' button on the MATLAB desktop.
3. The command to load (or restore) a layout is as given:
>> desktop.restoreLayout( 'load_layout_name')
where load_layout_name is the name of the custom layout that you want to load.