Object 3D world coordinates from multiple images
28 views (last 30 days)
Show older comments
I Want to find Object 3D world coordinates (called Photogrammetry) using coded targets
Using single camera, multiple images
- Object 2D image coordinates (x,y) == coded targets
- Camera intrinsics, extrinsics parameters (using Calibration Checkerboard)
- Camera world pose from each images ( Image 1 : R,t / Image 2 : R,t ••• ) - Extracted R,tvec by camera calibration method
Unknown : Object 3D coordinates (x,y,z) From real scale
i already use worldPoints = triangulate(matchedPoints1,matchedPoints2,camProjection1,camProjection2)
this func and get worldpoints from two images (Using a known distance of length like Ruler)
and the precision was not bad either.
Multiple images, I know TriangulateMultiview and bundleAdjustment
But this func impossible to calculate 3D-coordinates considering the real 'Scale'
- How do I get 3D - coordinates that are scaled from multiple images?
- Sfm 3d reconstruction can solve this questions?
Qu Cao on 25 Oct 2022
You will need a stereo camera to give you the actual dimension of 3-D objects.
Alternatively,if you know the size of an object in the triangulated 3-D points, you can estimate the scale. See this section of the Structure From Motion From Two Views example.
Find more on Stereo Vision in Help Center and File Exchange
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!