How to Make Segmentation of a Circular optic nerve in the eye for a Multiple images?
6 views (last 30 days)
I have a multiple images of a certain disease in the eye,
I want to make segmentation of the part of the luminous circular optic nerve shown in the images like that
Sometimes the optic nerve is in the middle of the image and sometimes it is in the sides of the image
How can i make Segmentation of the circular optic nerve ?
Constantino Carlos Reyes-Aldasoro on 2 Sep 2022
This question is about how the optic disc is defined, have you tried anything yet? Have you checked the literature about this? I.e.
Image Analyst on 2 Sep 2022
Search on some of the tags I listed to the right, like fundus. We have talked about this in this forum many times before.
If it's a simple image you can use the Color Thresholder on the Apps tab of the tool ribbon. If it's more pathological then such a simple approach may not work very well and you'll have to use some of the more robust algorithms published here:
- 20.5 Retinal Images, Analysis of Eye, etc.
- 20.5.1 Eye, Cornea, Corneal Images
- 20.5.2 Optic Disc Location, Optic Disc Detection
- 20.5.3 Retinal Images, Angiography, Blood Vessels in the Eye
- 18.104.22.168 Retinal Microaneurysms, Detection
- 20.5.4 Glaucoma Retinopathy, Retinal Analysis Application
- 20.5.5 Cataracts, Detection, Analysis, Surgery
- 20.5.6 Diabetic Retinopathy, Retinal Analysis Application
- 20.5.7 Macular Degeneration Detection, AMD, Retinal Analysis Application
- 20.5.8 Retinal Images, Optical Coherence Tomography, OCT