Track Changes to Test Cases in Requirements Editor
This example explains how to track changes to Simulink Test test cases in Requirements Editor. You make the changes to test cases associated with a controller model of an automobile cruise control system which is managed in a project. After you make changes to the test cases that are linked to the requirements, you track the changes in the Requirements Editor and clear the change issues by using Traceablility Matrix window.
Open Test File
1. Open the
2. Open Requirements Editor. In the Apps tab, under Verification, Validation, and Test, click Requirements Editor. Open the requirements set file
3. Open the Test Manager. In the Apps tab, click Simulink Test. In the Test tab, click Simulink Test Manager.
4. In the Test Manager, from the
tests folder, open the
DriverSwRequest_Tests.mldatx test file.
5. In the Test Browser pane, expand the test case hierarchy. The test file contains the test cases for several of the requirements in the
crs_controller model. The
Enable Button test case is linked to the requirement
Enable Switch Detection (ID 1.6). Similarly, the
Increment button hold test case is linked to the requirement
Increment Long switch Detection (ID 1.8.2).
Make Changes to Test Cases
When you make changes to test cases linked to the requirements, the Requirements Editor highlights the corresponding link in the Links section. Follow these steps to make changes in the test cases:
1. In the Test Manager, click the test case
Enable Button, then exapnd the
CUSTOM CRITERIA in the right pane.In the last line of code, change
2. Save the changes.
3. Similarly, click the
Increment button hold test case, then expand the
SYSTEM UNDER TEST section. Under
SIMULATION SETTINGS AND RELEASE OVERRIDES, select and set the value Stop Time to 20.
4. Save the changes.
5. In the Requirements Editor, click requirement 1.6. The Links section shows the changed test objects in red.
6. Requirement 1.6 is highlighted because it links to a changed test case. Click requirement 1.6. In the right pane, in the Links section, the change issue icon indicates a change issue.
7. Under Links, select the link and then click on Change Information to view the change issue.
Clear Change Issues for test cases
To clear the change issues using the Traceability Matrix window:
1. Open Traceability Matrix. In the Requirements Editor, click Traceability Matrix.
2. In the Traceability Matrix window, click Add. In the Select Artifacts dialog, set Left to
crs_req_func_spec.slreqx and set Top to
DriverSwRequest_Tests.mldatx. Then click Generate Matrix. The window generates a traceability matrix with the specified requirement set on the left and the test case file on the top.
3. To identify unlinked items and changes, click Highlight Missing Links and select Highlight Changed Links and Show Changed Links Only.
4. In the Filter Panel pane, under Cell > Change Tracking, click With Change Issues. The matrix highlights the row, column, and cell that corresponds to the link with a change issue.
5. To clear the change issue, select the cell containing the link and click Clear Change Issue. You can export the traceability matrix as an HTML report or as a MATLAB variable that contains the table data. Generate the HTML report by clicking Export > Generate HTML Report. Name and save the report.