Visualize, measure, and analyze multichannel signal spectrum
Spectrum analyzer software performs the signal spectral analysis tasks traditionally handled by hardware instruments. DSP System Toolbox™ includes the Spectrum Analyzer software component—one in a set of multichannel streaming scopes.
With spectrum analyzer, engineers visualize, measure, and analyze the frequency domain characteristic of evolving multichannel signals or streaming data in real-time during simulation in MATLAB® or Simulink®.
The spectrum analyzer software computes and displays the spectrum, power-density spectrum, and spectrogram for variety of signals and data types, including audio, biosignals, communication signals, speech, and streaming data. The user interface, features, and measurements are consistent with conventional hardware-based spectrum analyzers.
The spectrum analyzer software in DSP System Toolbox includes the following measures:
- Harmonic distortion such as THD, SNR, SINAD, SFDR
- Third order intermodulation distortion (TOI)
- Adjacent channel power ratio (ACPR)
- Complementary cumulative distribution function (CCDF)
- Peak-to-average power ratio (PAPR)
- Peak finder
- Spectrogram mode
For more information on spectrum analyzer software, see DSP System Toolbox documentation.
Examples and How To
- Scopes and Data Logging (Documentation)
- Spectral Analysis (Documentation)
- Spectrum Analyzer in MATLAB (Documentation)
- Spectrum Analyzer in Simulink (Documentation)
- Time Scope in MATLAB (Documentation)
- Time Scope in Simulink (Documentation)
- Logic Analyzer in MATLAB (Documentation)
See also: DSP System Toolbox, LTE Toolbox, Communications Toolbox, Phased Array System Toolbox, Signal Processing Toolbox, HDL Coder, Embedded Coder, Simulink Coder, Fixed-Point Designer, RF Blockset, RF Toolbox, stream processing in MATLAB, logic analyzer, parametric equalizer, audio signal processing, oscilloscope software, Why Simulink for Wireless System Design