Show off your projects using live scripts via MATLAB Online and you could win up to USD 1,000.
MATLAB Online Live Editor Challenge
1st place winners will also be asked to work with us to create a short video showing how they would present their live script to an audience. That video will use screen capture with the winner's voice-over.
The deadline to submit entries for this Challenge has passed.
Prizes for Winning Entries
- 1st place prize – USD 1,000
- 2nd place prize – USD 500
- 3rd place prize – USD 250
- 1st place prize – USD 750
- 2nd place prize – USD 400
- 3rd place prize – USD 300
- 4th place prize – USD 200
- 5th place prize – USD 100
- June 29, 2018 (7 a.m. ET): Submission deadline
- June 29 – July 13, 2018: Judging
- July 27, 2018: Winners announced
How to Enter
- Submit an entry form. You will need to provide the name of your submission folder from MATLAB Online.
- Using the Live Editor and MATLAB Online, create an original live script about a topic of your choice.
- Share your script with MathWorks from MATLAB Online by June 29, 2018 (7 a.m. ET).
- All entries will be judged by MathWorks application support engineers on a 100-point scale using these criteria:
- Uniqueness of entry (30-point maximum)
- Creativity and clarity of the presentation of the concept (40-point maximum)
- Effective use of Live Editor features (30-point maximum)
- You must currently be a faculty member or an enrolled student at a degree-granting institution.
- MathWorks employees are not eligible.
- If two or more entries receive the same winning score, the corresponding submitters will receive the same prize.
- Teams can enter, but each team should designate only one representative per entry to receive the prize should that team win.
- Participation is free.
- The winners will be notified via email and announced on this page. Social media posts may also be used to announce the winners.
- Decisions by the judges are final.
Live Scripts Examples to Inspire You
To access MATLAB Online, you must be current with one of the following license types: