Wireless Connectivity in the 5G Era: WLAN, Bluetooth, ZigBee and NB-IoT in MATLAB
In this webinar, you will learn about new capabilities in MATLAB to design, implement and test new wireless connectivity devices. In the 5G era, developing smart connectivity devices in homes, cities and factories has become an important trend. We will discuss the evolution of Wi-Fi standard, coexistence of standards-based signals, smart home, IoT standards, positioning and direction finding, wireless sensing and application of deep learning in wireless communications
You learn how to generate standard-based signals for testing in MATLAB. Then, you can obtain expected performance metrics with link-level simulations that include channel modeling and RF front-end and receiver operations. You get in-depth insight into algorithms since these functions are offered as open MATLAB code. Finally, you can test and compare expected metrics with real-time results obtained through over-the-air testing with Software-Defined Radios (SDRs) and RF instruments.
Through examples and case studies you will learn about:
- The evolution of Wi-Fi - 11ax, 11ay and beyond
- Coexistence and interference – BLE and Wi-Fi/5G
- Smart home and IoT- Zigbee, 802.11ah (Wi-Fi HaLow), NB-IoT and LTE-M
- Positioning (802.11az), direction finding (BLE 5.1) and wireless (Wi-Fi) sensing
- Generate standards-compliant Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Zigbee waveforms
- Simulate and interact with these wireless connectivity standards
- Verify your designs with over-the-air testing with a range of RF instruments
Recorded: 16 Jun 2020
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.