With Simscape Electrical you can:
- Model mechatronic systems with components such as motors, semiconductors, op-amps, and sensors
- Configure component models to have the right amount of detail for your simulation task
- Create custom components with Simscape language
- Automatically tune parameters of components to meet system requirements
- Run simulations in real-time for HIL testing
Mechatronic systems include a wide range of components, including motors, op-amps, and shaft encoders. Simulating these components together with mechanical and control systems is critical to optimizing system performance. To ensure that testing is efficient, Simscape Electrical offers many ways to easily balance the tradeoff of model fidelity and simulation speed. The ability to generate C code from the model enables engineers to use Model-Based Design for the entire system (plant and controller).
About the Presenter
Steve Miller is responsible for the technical marketing of the Simscape product family at MathWorks. Steve joined MathWorks in 2005. Prior to that, Steve worked at Delphi Automotive in Braking Control Systems and at MSC.Software Adams consulting in various capacities at Ford, GM, Hyundai, BMW, and Audi. Steve has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Cornell University and an M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University.