Professor Alberto Bemporad, co-author of Model Predictive Control Toolbox™, talks about best practices for implementing model predictive controllers.
He answers questions such as:
- What types of optimization problems do model predictive controllers (MPCs) solve?
- What are the hardware requirements for MPCs?
- How can you make an MPC run faster?
- Is explicit MPC a silver bullet for addressing MPC computational throughput requirements?
- What techniques can you use to design MPCs that have guaranteed closed-loop stability?