CFDTool - MATLAB CFD Simulation GUI &Toolbox
Version 220.127.116.11 (101 MB) by Precise Simulation
CFDTool - An Easy to Use Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Toolbox
Updated 12 Mar 2023
CFDTool™ is a MATLAB® Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Toolbox for modeling and simulation of fluid flows with coupled heat transfer, with full integration with the OpenFOAM and SU2 solvers. Based on the FEATool Multiphysics simulation platform, CFDTool is specifically designed to make fluid dynamics and heat transfer simulations both easy and enjoyable.
Basic use and how to set up, model, and simulate turbulent flow over a backwards facing step with OpenFOAM is explained in the video tutorial linked below. Note that the tutorial illustrates the FEATool GUI interface, which differs somewhat from the CFDTool interface.
The CFDTool MATLAB Toolbox includes the following features:
- completely stand-alone and self-contained toolbox
- fully integrated and easy to use Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- modeling and simulation in 1D, 2D, 3D, and axisymmetric coordinate systems
- seamless OpenFOAM® and SU2 CFD solver integrations
- built-in geometry and CAD tools
- automatic mesh and grid generation
- pre-defined equations and boundary conditions:
+ incompressible viscous fluid flows (Navier-Stokes equations)
+ compressible inviscid flows (Euler equations)
+ heat transfer (Convection and Conduction)
- multiphysics support for fluid flow and thermal analysis
- simulation of laminar and turbulent flows (Spalart-Allmaras,
k-epsilon, and k-omega turbulence models available with OpenFOAM/SU2)
- stationary and time-dependent analysis types
- postprocessing and visualization
Precise Simulation (2023). CFDTool - MATLAB CFD Simulation GUI &Toolbox (https://github.com/precise-simulation/cfdtool/releases/tag/1.9.2), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Created with R2019b
Compatible with any release
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Sciences > Physics >
- Sciences > Physics > Fluid Dynamics >
- Engineering > Mechanical Engineering > Fluid Mechanics >
- Engineering > Mechanical Engineering > Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) >
Find more on Physics in Help Center and MATLAB Answers
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.
Versions that use the GitHub default branch cannot be downloaded