Includes different types of visualization of three-dimensional array (volumetric data):
1. Orthogonal slices - each slice individually, as well as three orthogonal slices on one plot
2. Rendered volume through showing series of z-slices. Enter the number of slices to display: ('1' - all, '2' - every second, etc.)
- one for a single value
- multiple for multiple values of interest on one figure (each with different color)
Options to change for orthogonal slices (1) and volumes (2):
- color scheme.
Options to changes for all three types of visualization (1-3):
- top/bottom, left/right
- aspect ratio.
To run type:
for example: volumization (data,'1')
NOT: volumization (data,1)
where data are of format [n x m x p] and 'n' - which slice to display:
'1'- all, '2' - every second, '3' - every third, etc.
For users with PLS_Toolbox 3.5 can type
and then load data interactively using lddlgpls routine.
To display isosurface on top of rendered volume or orthogonal slices, use controls to display desired view and then use Multiple isosurface slider to display the isosurface of value of interest. (Single isosurface slider clears the figure on execution).
Kateryna Artyushkova (2022). GUI for Visualizing 3D Volumetric Data (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/6508-gui-for-visualizing-3d-volumetric-data), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Processing Toolbox > 3-D Volumetric Image Processing >
- MATLAB > Graphics > 2-D and 3-D Plots > Surfaces, Volumes, and Polygons > Volume Visualization > Scalar Volume Data >
- MATLAB > Graphics > Formatting and Annotation > 3-D Scene Control > Lighting, Transparency, and Shading >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!