Backtesting Trading Strategies in Just 8 Lines of Code
Updated 12 Sep 2017
Using the functionalities in MATLAB® and Financial Toolbox™, you can perform a strategy backtesting in just 8 lines of code. This includes:
• Data preparation
• Trading signal generation
• Calculation of portfolio returns, Sharp ratio, and maximum drawdown
• Equity curve plotting
In fact, there are a lot of things you can do in MATLAB. For example, you can:
• Use Datafeed Toolbox™ to download market data directly from various data providers
• Generate trading signal using Econometrics Toolbox™ or Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox™
• Automatically execute your strategies by using Trading Toolbox™
The video can be found herehttps://www.mathworks.com/videos/backtesting-trading-strategies-in-just-8-lines-of-code-1499289703258.html
MathWorks Quant Team (2023). Backtesting Trading Strategies in Just 8 Lines of Code (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/63333-backtesting-trading-strategies-in-just-8-lines-of-code), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired: Files for webinar titled "Classifying Trading Signals using Machine Learning and Deep Learning"
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.