Gesture Controlled Robotic Arm Using Kinect (Simulink Support For Kinect) and Arduino
Updated 12 Jul 2016
This is a Simulink Model to Control a Robotic Arm By Gestures that are captured using Kinect Sensor. A Robot Arm is developed using Servo Motors that replicates the Right Arm Shoulder, Elbow and Hand Movements.
1. Matlab 2013a or later
2. Arduino IDE
Components Required :
1. Kinect Sensor
2. Arduino Board
3. Servo Motors
4. Matlab 2013a
A Project By
The Zip file contains the Matlab Simulink Support for Kinect and the Simulink Model named "GestureControlledRoboticArm" that WE HAVE CREATED and also the Arduino Code/Wiring Diagram. The Simulink Support for Kinect was downloaded from Mathworks File Exchange and the full credits go to "Takashi Chikamasa" for providing it. We do not own the copyrights or have developed the Simulink Support For Kinect.
Simulink Support for Kinect consists of IMAQ, Image, IR, Depth, Motion and Skeleton blocks to achieve real-time image data acquisition from Kinect devices such as Microsoft Kinect or ASUS Xtion PRO under Simulink simulation environment.
It works with 32bit/64bit version of MATLAB R2010b or later in Windows7 32bit/64bit and it requires the following 3rd party software:
[C MEX Compiler]
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition (VC++)
- Microsoft Windows SDK 7.1
[To use OpenNI http://openni.ru/ ]
- PrimeSense NITE
- PrimeSensor Module
[To use Microsoft Kinect SDK http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/ ]
- Microsoft Kinect for Windows SDK v1.6
For more detailed information, please refer to document in the zip file and help of the blocks.
[Optional MATLAB products]
- Computer Vision System Toolbox (highly recommended)
- DSP System Toolbox (to acquire Kinect Microphone Array data)
- Simulink Coder (to generate *.exe file)
Avinash Baranitharan (2021). Gesture Controlled Robotic Arm Using Kinect (Simulink Support For Kinect) and Arduino (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/58189-gesture-controlled-robotic-arm-using-kinect-simulink-support-for-kinect-and-arduino), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Acquisition in Simulink >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Acquisition Toolbox Supported Hardware > Kinect For Windows Sensor >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Data Acquisition > Acquisition Using Kinect for Windows Hardware >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!