An application for acquiring neurophysiology data in Matlab.
* Acquisition can be either trial-based or continuous
* Acquisition and stimulation can be triggered by external TTL inputs
* Supports analog and digital channels
* Flexible stimulus generation: pulses, trains, sinusoids, etc
* Works with any model of patch-clamp amplifier
* Tight integration with Heka and Axon patch-clamp amplifiers
* Works with National Instruments X-series DAQ boards
* Flexible and fast multi-electrode test pulse generation
* User can extend with custom Matlab scripts for online analysis, visualization
* Custom Matlab code can be run at start/end of trials, or periodically during acquisiton
* Saves data in HDF5 format, an open standard for scientific data
* Can integrate with Vidrio Technologies ScanImage for laser-scanning microscopy
* Open source
Adam (2022). WaveSurfer (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/57115-wavesurfer), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Test & Measurement > Instrument Control Toolbox > Instrument Control Toolbox Supported Hardware >
- Test & Measurement > Data Acquisition Toolbox > Simultaneous and Synchronized Operations >
- MATLAB > Data Import and Analysis > Data Import and Export > Standard File Formats > HDF5 >
- Sciences > Neuroscience > Cellular Neuroscience > Electrophysiology >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!