ColorBrewer: Attractive and Distinctive Colormaps
Updated 2 Mar 2022
- Consists of just one convenient M-file (no .mat files or file clutter).
- Has no third-party file dependencies.
- Has no special toolbox dependencies.
- Interpolates in the Lab colorspace.
- Requires just the standard ColorBrewer colorscheme name to select the colorscheme.
- Accepts the colorscheme name as a string scalar or a character vector.
- Supports all ColorBrewer colorschemes.
- Outputs a MATLAB standard N-by-3 numeric RGB array.
- Uses a default length the same as MATLAB's colormap functions.
- Is compatible with all MATLAB functions that use colormaps (eg: CONTOURCMAP).
- Includes the option to reverse the colormap color sequence.
- Does not break ColorBrewer's Apache license conditions (unlike many on MATLAB File Exchange).
Stephen23 (2022). ColorBrewer: Attractive and Distinctive Colormaps (https://github.com/DrosteEffect/BrewerMap/releases/tag/3.2.3), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired: newcolorbar: multiple colormaps in the same axes, squink(Colors,Gamma), paruly, cbrewer2, Cyclic color map, Maximally Distinct Color Generator, Convert between RGB and Color Names, jetwhite(Colours), cmocean perceptually-uniform colormaps, How to estimate subglacial water routes, HCP (HeatmapCovariatePlot), MatPlotLib Perceptually Uniform Colormaps
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!