A Matlab toolbox to simulate light propagation for monochromatic coherent light through free-form apertures and off rough/free-form surfaces by means of a numerical approximation of the Huygens-Fresnel integral.
Toolbox features are:
* GPGPU computing, using Nvidia graphics cards with CUDA
* fallback to CPU if no GPU is found
* rough surface generation via spatial frequency filters and
surface roughness determination z=f(fx,fy,Ra)
* free form surface generation z=f(x,y)
* arrangement of objects in 3D space coordinates (6 DOF)
* rectangular 3D grids, free form apertures via logical indexing
* artificial jitter, to reduce diffraction by the input grid
* the Huygens-Fresnel approximation
* memory management, job resume if pre-existing data is found
* some examples and visualizations
A theoretical background is given by:
Dominik Hofer, Bernhard G. Zagar, A numerical approximation of the Huygens-Fresnel integral – Simulations of a rough wetting problem, Measurement, Volume 46, Issue 8, October 2013, Pages 2828-2836, ISSN 0263-2241, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2013.05.003
View readme.txt for more details.
Dominik Hofer (2022). Huygens-Fresnel integral approximation on the GPU (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/42602-huygens-fresnel-integral-approximation-on-the-gpu), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!