Updated 20 Apr 1999
view3d Interactively rotate, zoom and pan the view of a 3-D plot
VIEW3D ROT turns on mouse-based 3-D rotation
VIEW3D ZOOM turns on mouse-based 3-D zoom and pan
VIEW3D OFF turns it off
VIEW3D(FIG,...) works on the figure FIG
Double click to restore the original view
- hit 'z' key over the figure to switch from ROT to ZOOM
- hit 'r' key over the figure to switch from ZOOM to ROT
in ROT mode:
- press and hold left mouse button to rotate about screen xy axis
- press and hold middle mouse button to rotate about screen z axis
in ZOOM mode:
- press and hold left mouse button to zoom in and out
- press and hold middle mouse button to move the plot
Inspired by rotate3d by The MathWorks, Inc.
Tested under MATLAB 5.2
Torsten Vogel (2023). view3d.m (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/334-view3d-m), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired: Microscopy Image Browser (MIB), Microscopy Image Browser 2 (MIB2), Orthogonalslicer, INTERACTIVEMOUSE, Figure control widget
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.