This function carries out the following tasks:
1) Imports a set of xyz scatter data, interpolates them to a uniform mesh, and creates a contour map figure of the results.
2) Allows for the user to interactively select a series of waypoints by selecting them using 'getpts' on the figure.
3) Creates a series of evenly spaced cross sections perpendicular to the polyline created by the waypoints.
4) Exports the results as a 3-D graphic.
5) Exports the cross section xyz coordinates to Excel as 'CSData.xls', where each cross section has its own worksheet.
An example scatter data set 'Scatter.dat' has been included.
Jeff Tuhtan (2021). polysection (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26338-polysection), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!