Develop MATLAB Model-View-Controller Apps
Updated 20 Apr 2022
Developing MATLAB Apps Using the Model-View-Controller Pattern
This repository contains the MATLAB® code for the technical article Developing MATLAB Apps Using the Model-View-Controller (MVC) Pattern. The article provides a step-by-step guide for building a small MVC application. You can inspect the source code and modify it to suit your own application needs.
Developing an application using MVC can help address the following common development concerns when creating large-scale applications:
- Best practices and guidelines for structuring the code base to allow future growth.
- Using a combination of functional and object-oriented programming.
- Working effectively with MATLAB® graphics and user-interface control objects.
- Enabling collaboration within a team by separating the application into components, which are developed and tested simultaneously.
Installation and Getting Started
- Clone or fork the repository to get started. You may also download the repository content as .zip.
- Open the project by double-clicking on
- Run the application using
MathWorks Product Requirements
Requires MATLAB release R2020b or later.
The license is available in the license.txt file in this GitHub repository.
Copyright 2022 The MathWorks, Inc.
Laura Dempsey (2023). Develop MATLAB Model-View-Controller Apps (https://github.com/mathworks/matlab-model-view-controller/releases/tag/v1.0.1), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/mathworks/matlab-model-view-controller/releases/tag/v1.0.1