Following are the steps to install NXP’s Model-Based Design Toolbox for DSC MCUs:
1. Go to Add-On Manager in MATLAB and select the NXP Support Package DSC toolbox. Select Open Folder option to navigate to the installation path.
2. Run NXP_Support_Package_DSC script and follow the next quick steps as guided by the installer:
2.1 Create an account with NXP (toolbox is for free but account is requested to download the tool and access training & support on NXP Model Based Design Toolbox Community).
2.2. Download NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for DSC
2.3. Install the toolbox
2.4. Verify the correct installation
The NXP's Model-Based Design Toolbox is a quick solution for testing and rapid prototyping applications on top of NXP MCUs.
It provides an integrated development environment and toolchain support for configuring and generating applications (including initialization routines and device drivers) to execute complex applications (e.g.: motor control algorithms, communication protocols CAN, SPI, I2C, UART and sensor-based applications).
This toolbox includes integrated Simulink embedded target for NXP DSC MCUs, peripheral device blocks and drivers, DSC compiler and additional tools for debugging and real-time data visualization.
DSC Model-Based Design Toolbox Main Features:
- Generate code for standalone application with direct download to target support
- Multiple configuration options using MCUXpresso Configuration Tool Suite
- Core&System blocks for ADC, DAC, CMP, DMA, CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, WDOG, ISR, Timers
- Real Time Control Embedded Software Motor Control and Power Conversion Libraries Simulink blocks (RTCESL)
- Data acquisition and calibration using FreeMASTER tool
- Ready to run examples for all supported peripherals and Simulink Blocks
Visit https://community.nxp.com/community/mbdt - for examples and support.