- Go to your Trials, Prereleases, and Betas in the License Center here: https://www.mathworks.com/licensecenter/loader/trials
- Select the row for your Prerelease in the list by clicking on it.
- Once the Prerelease loads, click on the Activation and Installation tab.
- Once that tab loads, click on the "Activate" button on the right.
- Select your machine's Operating System and enter in the HostID of the machine you wish to activate and press Continue. If you do not know what the HostID of your machine is, click the link that says "How do I find my Host ID?" on the activation screen.
- You can then retrieve the License File for your computer, or have these emailed to you. This will allow you to complete an offline activation.
How do I obtain the Prerelease for a new MATLAB version?
50 views (last 30 days)
Show older comments
MathWorks Support Team on 14 Jun 2012
Commented: Walter Roberson on 29 Jul 2022
I have received a notification that a new MATLAB Prerelease is available, and I would like to install the Prerelease. How do I do so?
MathWorks Support Team on 31 Mar 2023
Edited: MathWorks Support Team on 22 Sep 2021
The Prerelease is available only through downloads on your MathWorks Account. In order to be able to download the Prerelease, you must be associated with a license under maintenance and you must be granted permission to download. The License Administrators have this access by default. If you are associated with a license and do not have permission to download, contact your License Administrator.
NOTE: the Prerelease is only available in the period prior to the general release. If you have access to download MATLAB, you will be notified when it is available.
Once you have access to download from a standard license, you can download the Prerelease here:
Once you have logged into your MathWorks Account, select the Prerelease version, select your Platform and click Continue. You can then download the installer and begin setting up the Prerelease installation. Once you have the installer, you will need to install and activate the Prerelease. If you have an Internet connection, you can do both by signing into your MathWorks account when the installer prompts you to do so. This will complete the process automatically.
If you do not have Internet access at the machine you are installing MATLAB, you will need to manually activate. To do so, make sure you have downloaded the installation files first. Once complete:
If you are having issues downloading or installing your trial, contact the Installation and Licensing team here:
Walter Roberson on 29 Jul 2022
Technical questions about prerelease must be sent through your support services. We cannot talk about prerelease in public as it is under non-disclosure
More Answers (0)
Find more on Introduction to Installation and Licensing in Help Center and File Exchange
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!