Code Interface Definitions
Create data, function, and memory section code generation definitions for standardization and software architecture conformance
In a large organization, you can help multiple people generate code that conforms to a general software architecture. Create code generation definitions that those people can use to control the appearance of model data (signals, parameters, and states) and functions in the code.
|Embedded Coder Dictionary||Create code definitions to control code generation for model data and functions|
Edit Code Definitions
|Configure Embedded Coder Dictionary|
|Configure Embedded Coder Dictionary section|
|Configure Embedded Coder Dictionary definition|
Manage Embedded Coder Dictionaries
|Create Embedded Coder Dictionary and |
|Open Embedded Coder Dictionary object|
|Copy code generation definitions between models and data dictionaries|
|Migrate code generation definitions between models and data dictionaries|
|Remove Embedded Coder Dictionary from model or Simulink data dictionary|
|Determine whether Embedded Coder Dictionary exists in model or data dictionary|
Create Code Interface Configuration Definitions
- Define Service Interfaces, Storage Classes, Memory Sections, and Function Templates for Software Architecture
Create code generation definitions that you and others can use to control the generated code.
- Create a Service Interface Configuration
Create code interface definitions for services that your generated code uses.
- Flexible Storage Class for Different Model Hierarchy Contexts
Define and apply a storage class that uses different code generation settings for single-instance data and multi-instance data.
- Create Data Interface Configuration Programmatically
Configure Embedded Coder Dictionary programmatically.
- Sample Target Environment Service Implementations of Data Communication Methods
Sample target environment service implementations of data communication methods.
- Access Data Through Functions by Using Storage Classes in Embedded Coder Dictionary
Use storage classes and Coder Dictionary Defaults to integrate the generated code with legacy code that uses specialized functions to read from and write to data.
- Access Data Through Functions with Storage Class GetSet
Use the storage class
GetSetto integrate the generated code with legacy code that uses specialized functions to read from and write to data.
- Create Storage Classes by Using the Custom Storage Class Designer
For additional control of data representation in the generated code, create storage classes.
Distribute and Manage Code Interface Configurations in a System of Multiple Models
- Separate C Code Interface Configuration Definition from Model-Specific Configurations
Package definitions used by the code generator to produce code for a model separately from model design.
- Deploy Code Generation Definitions
Make code generation definitions, such as storage classes and function templates, available to people who need them.
- Manage an Embedded Coder Dictionary
Update code definitions and manage the use of Embedded Coder Dictionaries.
- Generate Code to Conform to Software Architecture by Sharing and Copying Default Settings Between Models
For new and existing models, standardize the generated code across an organization by sharing and copying default code generation settings.