Wireless Communications Industry Manager EMEA
- Job: 30929-AROH
- Location: SE-Kista
- Department: Industry Marketing
Passionate about wireless technologies and future 5G/6G communications systems?
Experienced with MathWorks tools for wireless communications systems development?
Want to be part of a world-class team driving European business in a major market, and helping define the future direction of product development?
Then this is the role for you.
As a Wireless Communications Industry Manager for Europe, you will use your knowledge of the industry and communications technology to shape and execute the company strategy to increase the adoption of MATLAB, Simulink-based tools within design workflows at communications companies for research, advanced engineering, and product development. You will collaborate with sales, marketing, engineering, and the leadership team on the market development strategy, marketing message, supporting content, and marketing plan, as well as help define the long-term technology roadmap. Through these efforts you will enable our customers to be more successful, shape how companies in this industry perceive MathWorks, and be the champion for these customers internally to ensure MathWorks R&D plans are aligned with the latest market trends.
Use your technical knowledge of design workflows in the wireless communications industry to help drive adoption of MathWorks technology in the sector, in particular with the leading accounts in the industry based in the EMEA region. Work with other teams (Sales, Application Engineering) to secure customer success.
- Understand customer workflows in detail, identify relevant gaps, and help fill those gaps that can be addressed by MathWorks products.
- Identify strategic projects at key customers and secure deep technical engagements with MathWorks technical experts, to establish organizational adoption of MathWorks products.
- Build and nurture relationships with senior engineering management at key accounts, creating a common vision for adoption of MathWorks technology in support of their business goals.
- Track the trends in the wireless communications standardization lanscape and identify areas for future investment to provide more complete workflow/technology support.
- Work with peers to provide an end-to-end workflow including real-time prototyping, embedded systems development, semiconductor design and verification, and RF/Antenna systems.
Promote and champion MATLAB/Simulink and Model-Based Design within the wireless communications engineering community
- Cultivate and enlist key influencers in industry and academia to advocate for the benefits of MathWorks products and workflows
- Deliver presentations and papers at conferences, serve as the MathWorks spokesperson for the wireless communications industry in EMEA by interacting with analysts, editors and journalists.
Develop and execute market segment strategy and business plan
- Identify new market opportunities and build plans to increase growth and report progress on it to the internal board of advisors
- Advocate on behalf of customers to influence the future direction of MathWorks products
This position will be based at one of our offices in the Northern EMEA region (Stockholm, Sweden; Espoo, Finland; Glasgow/Cambridge, UK). The candidate should expect to travel about 30% of the time in support of customer facing engagements. Travel will be mostly within Europe, with occasional international travel further afield, including to the United States.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- MS or PhD degree in relevant engineering disciplines
- Strong knowledge and experience (7+ years) of the application of MathWorks tools to wireless communications systems development (MATLAB, Simulink or equivalent software.)
- Experience working with leading technical topics in wireless systems for new standards (5G/6G, Wi-Fi 6/6E, etc)
- Relevant work experience with a leading corporation in the wireless communications industry.
- Experience in working in a customer-facing team and engaging on technical topics with customers.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
It would also be beneficial to have:
- Product marketing or business development experience with a global software company.
- Knowledge and experience of one or more of the following: AI, real-time prototyping systems, embedded systems, FPGAs, ASIC design and verification, RF and Antenna systems.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.