Sales Account Manager
- Job: 30551-TMEL
- Location: SE-Kista
- Department: Commercial Sales
- Do you want to work in a sales environment that takes professional development seriously?
- Do you want to work with some of the most interesting customers across numerous industries in the world?
- Do you want to have a direct impact on the performance of the world’s leading engineering software company?
If you answered yes to all of the above and enjoy working with a team, we’d like to hear from you!
As a Sales Account Manager at MathWorks, you will be tasked with maximising the sales of MathWorks products such as MATLAB and Simulink plus services to new and existing customers within a defined geographic territory.
A MathWorks sales professional typically manages a diverse territory representing the communications, electronics, semiconductor, energy, oil, gas, aerospace, industrial automation and biotech/pharmaceutical industries. (Industry mix varies by territory.)
- Work with existing customers to extend the adoption of the MathWorks development platform
- Identify potential customers who have yet to adopt MathWorks products
- Present appropriate technical and business value propositions using a consultative sales approach (solution selling)
- Leverage public and private events to present MathWorks offerings
- Collaborate closely with Application Engineering, Technical Marketing, and peer sales teams
- Maintain an accurate record of all sales opportunities throughout the sales process using the CRM system (Salesforce)
- Prepare required sales documentation (e.g., trip reports, proposals, and territory plans)
- Attain monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals for new software licenses, maintenance service, and professional services (consulting and product training)
- Leverage cross-functional teams to develop and implement territory and account-specific strategies
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Solid direct sales experience, preferably selling technology products and services
- Demonstrated success managing a territory and using a CRM system
- Proven success in developing new markets and delivering new business
- Experience working with application engineers and sales support resources
- Experience balancing volume and strategic sales
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.