Senior Application Engineer
As a Senior Application Engineer, you will be working alongside teams in the leading Nordic Aerospace and Defence companies, helping them develop advanced simulation, control design, performance analysis, and software development capabilities using MATLAB and Simulink. You would be part of a European customer facing team specialising in MathWorks’ aerospace and defence business, requiring close technical collaboration with UK-based Application and Product Development engineers.
Supporting successful adoption of MATLAB, Simulink, and related tools for analysis and simulation, by:
- Analysing customer requirements, tools and workflows at the individual and team levels
- Designing and guiding evaluations and demonstrator projects
- Solving demanding technical problems in modelling, simulation, control, estimation and software engineering
- Identifying new trends and collaborating with the worldwide team to develop compelling messages and demonstrations
- Advocating for the future direction of MathWorks products
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong first degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Developing and using simulation models of mechanical and/or electrical systems for automotive and/or aerospace applications (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work on multiple technical projects concurrently
In addition, experience in the following areas will be advantageous:
- Scoping and leading technical projects
- Designing, implementing, and/or working with control systems
- Programming in MATLAB, Python and/or Java (or equivalent)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.