Industry Manager - Energy Production EMEA (m/f/d)
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Passionate about the Energy industry and the transformation to green energy technologies?
Experienced using MATLAB and Simulink within the power generation, transmission and distribution sector?
Want to be part of a world-class team driving European business in a growing market?
Then this is the role for you.
As an Industry Manager for the Utilities and Energy sector in Europe, you will use your knowledge of the industry and the current transformations to develop and drive the company strategy within this market. Using your experience in areas such as renewable energy, energy storage, electric vehicle charging, or smart grids you will work with customers to help them adopt MathWorks technology into their own workflows. Partnering with Sales teams and Application Engineers in the European business, you will lead them to where there are good opportunities for growth, particularly in energy utility companies and organisations working in energy research. Using your technical knowledge in areas such as power systems analysis, simulation, optimization, and planning you will help ensure their success, as well as identifying areas of future investment for MathWorks product development to address market trends and new customer requirements.
Use your knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink (or other simulation software used in the energy and utilities industry) to cultivate strategic accounts and grow MathWorks presence in the market.
- Using your knowledge of the industry, engage with customers to understand their workflows in detail and identify & fill gaps that can be addressed by MathWorks products
- Through direct customer engagements, identify strategic projects/programs at key accounts and secure deep technical engagements with MathWorks technical experts, to establish organizational adoption of MathWorks products
- As an industry expert, build and nurture relationships with senior and executive management at strategic accounts to create a common vision for adoption of MathWorks technology in support of their business goals
- Update MathWorks senior management of important and emerging trends in the power and utilities industry that present opportunities for existing or new capabilities
- Perform industry benchmark analysis to identify growth areas/groups/opportunities and develop adoption and engagement strategies
- Distill key lessons learned into a set of best practices and sales enablement tools for others, to support increasing sales worldwide
Drive engagement with utilities and energy research communities in championing MATLAB and Simulink capabilities for analyzing existing power systems and developing new technologies.
- Engage with industry bodies and regulatory authorities to identify and drive opportunities for MathWorks products and workflows in supporting industry standards for reliability and performance
- Cultivate and enlist key influencers in industry and academia to advocate for the benefits of MathWorks products and workflows
- Serve as the MathWorks spokesperson for the energy and utilities industry by interacting with industry analysts, editors, and journalists
- Deliver presentations, papers, and participate/lead panel sessions at conferences and industry events
- Drive marketing programs and supporting materials for web and other promotion tactics
Develop and execute the industry strategy and business plan.
- Identify new market opportunities and industry segments and develop plans to increase penetration and growth and report progress on it to internal advisors
- Using deep knowledge of customer workflows and unmet customer needs, advocate on behalf of customers to influence the future direction of MathWorks products
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Master’s or doctorate degree in relevant science or engineering disciplines
- Strong knowledge of and experience of using MATLAB and Simulink (or equivalent software platforms) in electrical energy and power systems
- Relevant work experience with a leading corporation or regulatory authority in the electrical utilities industry or energy research sector
- Experience in working in a customer-facing role and driving technical engagements with customers, and engaging with senior customer management
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English
It would also be beneficial to have:
- Technical marketing experience, or technical business development experience with a global software company
- Experience working with the wholesale electricity market, including, but not limited to, pricing, trading, forecasting, and risk management
This position will be based in Munich, Germany. The candidate should normally expect to travel about 30-40% of the time in support of customer facing engagements. Travel will be mostly within Europe, but with some occasional travel further afield, including to the United States.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.