Autonomous mobile robots can execute repetitive tasks such as moving packages in warehouses, hospitals and airports.
MATLAB® and Simulink® provide tools and algorithms you can use throughout your workflow for developing autonomous mobile robots, including:
- Hardware platform design
- Interfacing with ROS and ROS 2 for sensor data
- Algorithms for object detection, tracking, and collision avoidance using image processing, deep learning, point cloud processing, and sensor fusion
- Mapping and pose estimation using lidar SLAM and visual SLAM
- Path planning and path following algorithms
- Simulation, verification, and hardware implementation
In addition, automatic code generation enables you to deploy the MATLAB code or Simulink model directly on real-time hardware, GPUs, and embedded CPUs on your autonomous mobile robot.