“Binary Morphology in Image Processing” Courseware
Download the free image processing courseware module using MATLAB.
Binary Morphology in Image Processing
This package contains a live script and supporting files to illustrate and apply the fundamentals of morphological operations used for processing binary images. The materials are designed to be flexible and can be easily modified to accommodate a variety of teaching and learning methods. The package includes definitions and a brief background, interactive illustrations of concepts, guided tasks, reflection questions, application examples, and practice problems for each concept explored in this module.
- Define and apply the primary morphological operations: erosion and dilation.
- Explain the use of relational and logical operators in the context of binary image processing.
- Define and apply compound morphological operations, such as opening and closing.
- Explain the effect of using structuring elements of different shapes and sizes for each morphological operation.
- Identify and apply the appropriate morphological operations and structuring elements to achieve a given processing outcome.
- Use simple shapes to filter objects in an image.
Have any questions or feedback? Contact the MathWorks online teaching team.